Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Timid Octopus

 Here are some artboards I came up with for the timid octopus project. 



The first board I wanted a good mixture of human and animal expressions to really help the feel of the model. The pose and eye positioning really seemed to be the 2 elements I needed to get spot on for this project.

As far as the octopus itself I was looking into using the umbrella octopus.I was hoping to use its dumbo like ears to accentuate the shy expression I was looking for in the end I decided against it thinking it would make the form too busy with 8 tentacles included.


These are some of the base sketches I came up with. I liked the withdrawn look of the octopus reeling behind a rock or an underwater object of some sort to keep itself from danger. 


Here is the beginning form not much to look at yet.. 


Here we have a more basic idea of the form and its already somber look. I liked the curve of the tentacles more than just straight forward tentacles. 


After a posing and placing him on a rough base my model was starting to come together. 


Lots of suction cups, wrinkles, color and new jellyfish friend later we have a better picture of this timid little guy. 


Here is a final render with a simple background added for fun. 



Here is a turnaround of the Final project I hope you enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment